The fun part about dating someone who knows how to cook is having amazing meals made for you even if it's just a boring Monday. Shay and I went to the grocery store yesterday and after passing the veggie aisle we decided upon a new dinner recipe. This recipe is low carb and high protein and by using fat free cheeses it was able to be macro friendly and delicious. Our Spinach And Feta Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are the bees knees and a perfect dinner recipe.
This was probably one of the most simple dinner recipes and while I had mine with a side salad and chicken, Shay made his with a white rice medley. The mushrooms were tasty and cheesy and full of protein. A simple healthy dinner recipe that everyone can enjoy. Let me know if you guys try this recipe or if you have different renditions of stuffed mushroom treats!
Here's What You'll Need:
- Four Portobello Mushrooms - 4-5 cups of Spinach
- 56g of Fat Free Feta - 2 Garlic Cloves
- 56g of Fat Free Mozzarella - 1/2 Small Onion
Here's How We Did It:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and start prepping your mushrooms. Take the stems out of the Portobellos and scoop out the excess mushroom carefully. Chop up the mushroom stem pieces and sauté them with the chopped garlic and onion in a frying pan.
2. Add the spinach slowly to the pan until it wilts. Add both cheeses to the mixture and stir. Once everything is nice and mixed, go ahead and fill your mushroom tops. Be sure not to overfill so that everything cooks evenly.
3. Put the mushrooms in the oven for fifteen minutes and then take them out and you're ready to eat!